|OHmommy's spring 2010 wardrobe|
|Written by OHmommy|
|Thursday, 25 March 2010 00:00|
Spring is officially here and I've packed away my sweaters making room for a couple new spring pieces. I've preached before about the importance of building a functional wardrobe (little black dress, sensible trousers, awesome jeans, pencil skirt, pleated coats, etc) because shopping is easier/cheaper when you introduce just one or two items to spruce up your look, each new season. You build your wardrobe like a hobbyist builds their collection. In the end you have a well working closet.
What's on my radar this spring 2010?
Not much, which is a true sign of the economy. I've tried to go into the mall and left emptied handed - this would've never happened just two years ago. I actually told the Saks shoe associate that, "I just don't love them. I don't really need them." When trying on the most delicious BCBG ballet flats (found similar ones at DSW). On my radar this spring are things that I really love and aren't worth a fortune.
1. Earrings. Specifically very long dangly ones that complement my new short hair cut. I'm planning on wearing a lot more earrings and rings and wearing fewer necklaces and bracelets. I found cute earrings at a craft fair for a whopping $5! Woot.
2. Aviator sunglasses. Gold ones because I am all done with anything silver. And I am all over wearing sunglasses that scream GUCCI or CHANEL or LOOKATME.
3. Floral. Floral is everywhere but I can't imagine rocking a floral print dress so I am searching for a simple "floral" like top that will match well with my skirts/trousers. H&M had decent floral tops. As did my trusty Target.
4. Flats. In fun colors! To match my fun dangly earrings.
5. Minnie pants. If there's one pant you buy this season consider the JCrew Minnie pant. I read about them online, went to the store, saw them on the sales associate and walked out with two pairs. They fit amazing and are as comfy as your most favorite yoga pants. I promise. If you are buying online, order a size down as they are very stretchy. (Yes, I know they are $90 pants - but they feel like $90 pants and I wear them all. the. time.)
6. Trench. I've owned mine for 4 years and still look forward each spring when I dust it off and throw it over a pencil skirt.
7. Tote. I've been searching for a "Hermes" inspired tote for about two years now. I think I found one and keep looking around the house to see what I could sell on ebay to afford it.
8. Lip gloss. I go lighter in the spring. And shinier too.
I am sashaying around Cleveland in my new pants, old trench, a pair of $10 aviator sunglasses scored at an outlet mall, huge earrings found at a craft fair, a new shade of pink gloss, new hair and crossing my fingers that spring is here to stay. Just a pair of new shades and some sassy earrings are enough to make me feel like a million bucks this season. I think I'm turning into a responsible adult. Gasp.
What's on your radar this spring?
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 March 2010 22:11|